21 Feb Turmeric Scramble With Avocado Toast
This anti inflammatory meal is an ideal dish for post workout recovery, or as a powerful, protein-packed breakfast.
Turmeric is a superfood anti inflammatory powder best known for its bright orange color and powerful taste. This dish combines many of my favorites menu basics, including kale, mushrooms, sprouted grains, and the superfood, super-healer: turmeric!
I typically have this meal as a lunch, but can definitely serve as breakfast. Filling, balanced, and combined well, the bitter bite of turmeric blends perfectly with the avocado, egg and greens.
Benefits of Turmeric
“Natures Most Powerful Healer & Anti-Inflammatory”
Popularly used in Indian cuisine, Turmeric has a peppery, warm and bitter flavor with a mild orange-like fragrance. Turmeric gives mustard its bright yellow color.
Turmeric root has been shown to have a broad number of health benefits. It has long been used in Chinese and Indian medicine as an anti-inflammatory agent to treat a wide variety of health conditions. It also acts as a strong antioxidant and supports a healthy digestive and cardiovascular system, brain function, liver function, joint health, and even helps fight arthritis, cancer cell growth, and inflammatory bowel disease. Simply put: it is one of natures most powerful healers.
Use in favorite recipes or add to juices or smoothies. If used in cooked food dishes, add it last and try to avoid heating it in order to preserve it’s entire nutrition profile.
Information from HealthyTruth.com. Use LIVEFREE for 10% off your order at checkout.
TURMERIC SCRAMBLE WITH AVOCADO TOAST
PREP TIME: 5 minutes prep, 10 minutes cook
- 1 Piece Sprouted Grain Toast
- 1/4 Sliced Avocado (or plain prepared guacamole)
- 1 egg*
- 1/4 sliced onion
- 2-3 sliced white button mushrooms
- 1 tsp raw turmeric root powder
- optional salt & pepper
- optional side of steamed cauliflower
*vegan option: use tofu instead of egg
- On medium high heat, cook sliced onion, mushroom, kale and turmeric
- Toast bread. Add avocado or guacamole. Plate side of greens.
- Add turmeric to the kale mixture. Remove from stovetop and add to top of toast & avo.
- In a small bowl, using a fork, whisk egg (optional to add additional turmeric)
- Cook egg scramble. Add to top of kale mixture for final plating.
- Optional to add additional veggies on the side, like the steamed cauliflower shown in photo.
PREP TOAST WITH AVOCADO, OR GUACAMOLE, AND A SIDE OF FRESH GREENS.
IN A NON-STICK PAN, COOK KALE, MUSHROOMS, ONIONS. THEN, ADD TURMERIC.
OPTION TO ADD ADDITIONAL TURMERIC TO EGG SCRAMBLE WHEN COOKING.