01 Sep Dairy-free Ezekiel French Toast
French toast made healthy? Maybe not the first words that come to your mind when you consider this popular morning breakfast choice. But this recipe will give you a wake up call (aside from your morning coffee!) to consider some alternatives to try when creating your own recipe at home!
PREP TIME: 3 minutes (or less!)
SERVES: solo uno (1)
TAGS: dairy-free, breakfast
- Heat pan with coconut oil
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites, vanilla extract and cinnamon
- Coat bread, one piece at a time, both sides in egg white mixture
- Place on pan, cooking each side 2-3 minutes, or until edges start to brown (and do some yoga stretches while waiting…)
- Flip! Cook on other side
- Plate to serve, adding toppings of choice (see below for some great options)
Plated! Om nom nom, breakfast is almost ready!
PERSONALIZE YOUR TOAST
Aside from the typical sugar fest of maple syrup, you can add a touch of sweetness using fresh fruits (such as berries, bananas, kiwis), chopped nuts, or even a drizzle of honey.
Get creative! Add flavor and color that suits your palette, and enjoy the alternatives you can add to make your breakfast fun, healthy, and energizing.
Topped with sliced strawberries and bananas for a sweet, healthy touch.